The primary language in public schools in the Dominican Republic is Spanish. For the international community of Sosua and Cabarete are offered some of the best international schools in the region. In both Sosua and Cabarete area, there are third-party language institutes that will take your Spanish to the next level.
• International School of Sosua (ISS) is accredited by SACS. The lessons are taught in English and teachers are certified in their field. It has grades Pre-K through grade 12 and offers diploma from both US and D.R.
For additional information click here to go to their website: www.issosua.com
• Garden Kids is for children aged 5 to 11 (Pre-K through grade 4) and lessons are taught in English and some of them in Spanish.
For more details go to www.gardenkids.edu.do
• Colegio Luis Hess is a private school and courses are taught in Spanish. Phone: (809) 571-2614.
• Isla Academy offers international, student-centered education for Pre-K through High School. Lessons are taught in English. www.islaacademy.com
• Casa Goethe, Sosua. Casa Goethe is the sister school of Instituto Intercultural del Caribe (IIC) and offers English and German courses. Phone +1(809) 571-3185; https://iic-spanish.com/
• O&M Hostos school Puerto Plata, bilingual international, www.hostosschool.com